Срочно! помогите с вопросами. ДАЮ 30 БАЛЛОВ!
75. The following phrase "You have nobody to blame but yourself. The saddest words of tongue or pen." is an example of: Оксюморон
76. The following phrase "He made his way through the perfume and conversation" is an example of:
77. The following phrase "His mind was alert and people asked him to dinner not for old times' sake, but because he was worth his salt." is an example of:
78. Which lexical SD is also referred as paronomasia?
79. What is pun?
80. The following phrase ""There comes a period in every man's life, but she is just a semicolon in his."" is an example of:
81. The following phrase "He took his hat and his leave" is an example of:
82. The following phrase "She went home, in a flood of tears and a sedan chair" is an example of:
83. Combination of polysemantic verbs with nouns of most varying semantic groups,which are not connected semantically, is called:
84. When the number of homogeneous members, semantically disconnected, but attached to the same verb, increases, we deal with...
85. The following case "A Governess wanted. Must possess knowledge of Romanian, Russian, Italian, Spanish, German, Music and Mining Engineering." from S. Leacock may serve an example of:
86. Zeugma restores the literal original meaning of the word, which also occurs in ...
87. The following phrase "Little Jon was born with a silver spoon in his mouth which was rather curly and large" is an example of:
88. Which stylistic device rests on the extension of syntactical valency and results in joining two semantically disconnected clauses into one sentence?
89. The following phrase "Emperor Nero played the fiddle, so they burnt Rome." is an example of:
90. Jargon words are used within a certain professional group.
91. Slang is used
92. A word or a group of words giving an expressive characterization of the object described is
93. The sentence "I would give you the whole world to know " contains
94. ... joins two antonymous words into one syntagma.
95. Metonymy is
96. A sentence where one of the main members is omitted is
97. In the sentence "I went out and caught the boy and shook him until his freckles rattled we come across"
98. The stylistic device in the sentence "A dead leaf fell in Soapy's lap." That was Jack Frost's card. Jack is kind to the regul denizens of Madison Square, and gives fair warning of his annual call is
99. The sentences belonging to the style of technical instruction are:
100. The sentence "In the quietness of these winter evenings there is one clock: the sea" belongs to the....style.
101. The sentence "an explosion in the mine has resulted in the deaths of 20 people" belongs to the...style.
102. Terms belong to
103. If bookish words are used in colloquial context
104. A delibarate exaggeration of some quantity or quality is
105. The sentence "The long arm of the law will catch him in the end" contains
106. “That dinner was his waterloo” is an example of:
107. Mr. Pickwick bottled up his vengeance and corked it down” is an example of:
108. “She lost her heart or necklace at a ball” is an example of:
109. “Talent Mr. Micawber has; capital Mr. Micawber has not” is an example of:
110. “Down dropped the breeze, the sails dropped down” is an example of:
111. “Rude am I in my speech” is an example of:
112. “Inexpressible was the astonishment of the little party when they returned to find that Mr.Pickwick had disapeared” is an example of:
113. The hall applauded” is an example of:
114. “thirsty deserts” is an example of:
115. “deafening silence” is an example of:
116. “walking dead” is an example of:
117. “true myth” is an example of:
118. “sweet sorrow” is an example of:
119. "I like a smuggler. He is the only honest thief." is an example of:
120. "I can believe anything, provided that it is quite incredible" is an example of:
121. "Modern dancing is so old fashioned" is an example of:
122. “painfully beautiful” is an example of:
123. “growing smaller” is an example of:
124. “God! he said quietly. Isn’t the sea what Algy calls it: a great sweet mother?”
125. “The snot-green sea. The scrotum-tightening sea! I must teach you. You must read them in the original. Thalatta! Thalatta! She is our great sweet mother…
126. “Death lies on her like an untimely frost. Upon the sweetest flower of all the field…” (Romeo and Juliet).
127. The Piano Man” (Billy Joel) is an example of:
128. “He was so tall that I was not sure he had a face” is an example of:
129. “He's running faster than the wind” is an example of:
130. “This bag weighs a ton” is an example of:
131. “That man is as tall as a house” is an example of:
132. “This is the worst day of my life” is an example of:
133. “The shopping cost me a million dollars” is an example of:
134. “My dad will kill me when he comes home” is an example of:
135. “Your skin is softer than silk” is an example of:
136. “She's as skinny as a toothpick” is an example of:
137. “My grandmother is as old as the hills” is an example of:
138. “She is as heavy as an elephant!” is an example of:
139. “The minister told the guests that the couple’s friendship was deeper than the sea, and sweeter than honey” is an example of:
140. “Laughter is the music of the soul” is an example of:
141. “Her lovely voice was music to his ears” is an example of:
142. “The world is a stage” is an example of:
143. “My kid's room is a disaster area”is an example of:
144. “Life is a rollercoaster” is an example of:
145. “Her tears were a river flowing down her cheeks” is an example of:
146. “The alligator's teeth are white daggers” is an example of:
147. “The computers at school are old dinosaurs”- is an example of:
148. “The wind was a howling wolf” is an example of:
149. “The ballerina was a swan, gliding across the stage” is an example of:
150. “The kids were monkeys on the jungle gym” is an example of: